Thursday, February 3, 2011

Useless Advice

Twice now I have been given advice from a lady at a store by our house about how to get your baby to sleep through the night. She heard me talking tonight to another lady about how we are sleep training Tucker and she chimes in for the second time saying, "if you feed your baby till he is full before putting him to bed, he will sleep through the night."
    ......really??? Who do you know that doesnt feed their baby till they are full? I honestly think that was the worst advice I have ever been given. And when I told her that I do she continued to say no I dont because I have to make sure he is so full that he "kunks" out. Thank you so much for that piece of information. All this time I must be putting him to bed starving.... ughh.

  Anyways Tucker has decided to eat most of his food at night and then not eat much during the day so he can play. Great for him...miserable for me. So last night my lovely husband gave me headphones and music and let him cry it out for 3 hours (of course he would go in and console him) because we had to let him be hungry for a night in order to get him to eat during the day again. Luckily it worked but we will see how it goes tonight. Silly boy...

Lastly, I have always thought I would never miss the newborn stage because it was so hard with Tucker and exhausting. I am always wanting him to grow up and get big. Well I visited my friend today at the hospital and stopped and looked in at the nursery and saw the brand new babies. I forget how small they are and just so cute! It melted my heart and immediately I was thinking to myself that I could have another one of those. haha I never thought that day would come. But I am still content with just having Tuck for now. He keeps me busy :-)

1 comment:

  1. Keep the posts coming...I love to see whats going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete