Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

Well this was a great valentines day for me. I spent the first part of the day at school working on clients which actually ended up being pretty fun. I first had a scalp treatment and then I did a full weave with 2 colors on a lady. Lovely Kara was sooo nice and helped me and did half of it. It turned out so good too. I was so proud of us. It looked really even and all. Then my husband brought me a rose and a cute letter :-) He is so sweet. It made my day.
Later on we went out to eat at red robin and then went to see a movie. We saw Hes just not that into you. It was actually pretty good. I thought it was funny. Last night we saw Bolt in the dollar theater and it is hilarious. If you havent seen it yet....you need to.
Then we got home and there was a lovely article on our door with a title "Cliche ways to propose". Then there was a paragraph circled with a sentence underlined saying "Never EVER propose on Valentines Day" and then continues on about how cliche it is and that every girl should say no.
Who is this from? We dont know for sure. But I am guessing it is from the same people that coke bombed our doorstep awhile ago as well. I guess not everyone grows up.... It just reminds me of high school with the mean comments and everything that were said and it seems to have continued on. Im not going to lie...it was pretty hurtful. I loved being proposed to on valentines day and the way Sean did it was just perfect. And who really cares about the proposal. I have an amazing husband and an amazing marriage and thats all I care about. Sadly someone out there really doesnt like us and I have an inkling of who it is and I am not sure what i have done to upset them. But we arent going to let it get us down and I loved this day today and I loved it last year. Every year on this holiday I will be reminded of our Engagement and I couldnt be happier.
I am just lucky to have a husband like Sean to keep myself straight. When I get worked up like I did tonight he is so good at calming me down and bringing sense to it. He keeps me from attacking people with my revenge ideas when I am angry haha.... what a guy!
But this holiday was great this year and i hope everyone elses was. Happy Valentines day!

3 comments:

  1. How rude of someone to do that! I don't think it is cliche to propose to someone on Valetine's Day and I agree with you... the proposal doesn't matter. The marriage does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean knew how much you needed a good Valentine's Day last year -- and he made it the best one ever. What kind of losers would go out of their way on a romantic holiday to ruin someone else's... I will tell you who... someone who is not happy in their marriage. What a shame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. amber your cute!! i think getting engaged in vday is romantic.. my sister got married 6 years ago on vday.. people are stupid!!i am glad you didnt let who ever that is ruin you day :) cant wait to see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete